Thursday, December 11, 2008

Daily Rant: Twitter

So if you're a internet-aholic (yes I made that up) such as myself you know that the latest rave is Twitter. Whenever I mention twitter to someone the obvious first question is "what's that" so my reply is "its micro-blogging". The real answer is, its letting a group of people get together most of which by some sixth degree of separation between them and gossip while trying to sell stuff to each other and/or vent about their day. Sounds like fun right? It absolutely is!

I've met so many wonderfully intelligent and warm-hearted people on twitter it's ridiculous. Its like an internet dating service for friends. Sure some people may not be who they say they are like @kanyewest who was a fraud but hey who cares? It's the conversation right?

The one downfall I find with twitter is the after the fact. You know you have conversations with the same people day in and day out but what do you think would happen if you met them in person? Say you were a rapper and you're speaking to some label exec., you've had a blossoming twitter relationship for three months now and you finally make it to LA. You reach for your blackberry and log on to twitterberry @soandso I'm here! The response is not what you expect. The usual hearty happy-go-lucky conversation changes to "hey what brings you here" or "wow...you're here huh". Now your world is shattered. Does this change your outlook on twitter?

I know it would change mine DAMMIT! I love my twitter peeps @promotingyou (that's me) @stylescrybe @cathrynmarie @bossbeauty @theflygirl @savvyfatty @ladyjnva @brooklynblondie @kandisknight @freshjacobs (yes I am giving you a twitter role call :) if you decide to join, these people are a great place to start. Careful though they screen followers) @onej @chameleon2u @pumpsandgloss oh lawd this could go on forever I feel like the awards shows when you forget people. So how about this...my twitter fam knows who they are and I cyber love each and every one of you but if I holla at any of you two-bit ninnies outside of twitter and you blow me off it's on son!

I believe this concludes my twitter rant. Oh wait, there are tweetups in individual cities so that helps ease the transition. But all in all twitter is the epitome of bringing great people together for a great time. Take my word for it you'll be glad you came.

And if you don't, oh well I don't think twitter will miss you.

*smooches*

2 comments: